Crustless Quiche: a great way to use leftovers!
Crustless Quiche Base:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup grated cheese (cheddar cheese, swiss cheese or mozzarella))
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 + cup optional ingredients (see below)
Optional Ingredients: The original poster of this recipe has this suggestion: “As a general rule I add a combined amount additional ingredients. (Basically 1/3 cup of each to make a total of 1 cup.)” I just loosely fill a 2-cup measure with whatever is in the fridge, including salad – lettuce tastes great in a quiche! Here are some other ideas:
- 1 cup additional ingredients:
- cubed ham or crumbled cooked bacon
- chopped broccoli
- chopped tomatoes
- sliced onions or green onions
- chopped spinach
- chopped asparagus
- cooked cubed potato
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk together the milk, egg, cheese and salt & pepper.
- Stir in any additional ingredients.
- Pour the egg mixture into a pie dish, and bake uncovered for about 45 minutes. Or until the center is set, and not jiggly.
Note: I found this recipe online and then forgot to note the URL. Apologies for whoever originally posted this version. I’ll be happy to give credit!